Monday, October 24, 2011

New coupons, another good shopping trip and a pic of my newly decorated coupon box!

First things first, lots of great coupons in yesterdays paper, a few good printables at target.com and lots of new ones at coupons.com and redplum.com, I'm sure smartsource.com has some new ones too but I'm out of ink so I want to wait to look until I can print. Caren let me know that coupons.com has a bunch for glade products, I will be taking full advantage of those for sure! While we're on the subject, some people have asked where I print my coupons from, those are my favorite print sites, there are tons out there but the majority are all going to have the same coupons that can be found at those 3 sites (coupons.com, redplum.com and smartsource.com). My favorite site that I visit pretty much every day if not 2 or 3 times a day is couponmom.com, they have a feature that shows you what the best deals each store has as well as what money makers (MM) each store has. Caren's favorite site for this is truecouponing.com, they are based out of the state she lives in so it's more of a help. A lot of store sites (like target.com) has printables for their store specifically, some have coupons that will load directly to your store savings card (Safeway is one that does this) which brings me to my first tip in maximizing your savings, you can match up store coupons with manufacture coupons, when you pair that up with store sales you really save. For example today my sister and I needed to pick up a few things we were out of, milk and snacks for the kids mostly. We went to Safeway and with all my store savings, store coupons and manufacture coupons we saved about 66%!
No pic for today but here's the list...
*8 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks
*6 boxes of Natures Valley Cashew granola bars
*2 4lb bags of sugar
*3 boxes for General Mills cereal (2 brownie bites, 1 trix)
*4 bags of Betty Crocker cookie mix
*2 boxes of Fun da-middles cake mix
*1 bag of Nestle Quick chocolate milk mix
*4 jars of Ragu pasta sauce
*2 boxes of Eating Right pasta
*4 bags of Pillsbury Scrambles
*2 cheese sticks (they were out of the deal I wanted but promised my son cheese sticks lol)
*4 bags of frozen veggies
*2 boxes of Totino's pizza rolls
*1 bag of Tyson chicken nuggets
*1 giant deli sub sandwich (because after shopping I didn't feel like cooking!)
*2 gallons of milk
*1 hazelnut creamer
*1 can of baby formula (no I don't have a baby but it was free)
and the totals... before any discounts or coupons $149.15, after a $98.35 savings we paid only $50.80! I know that's not good enough to put me on tv but I'm proud and I can afford snacks for the kids that way, no way they'd be eating cookies and gushers if I had to pay full price!

Now on to the last thing, my favorite thing right now, my coupon box! I have tried many ways to organize my coupons and I found this shoe box from my nephews shoes works the best! I've been walking around with it for weeks now and people probably think I have a shoe fetish or something lol so last night I was pulling out all my expired coupons and decided to decorate it with them!
I painted it green because that's the color of money :)

The inside has just plane old card stock folded and labeled to organize them, the front has store specific coupons then the manufacture coupons are separated into categories like beverage, freezer section, health and beauty, then in those they are subcategorized like beverage has coffee, juice, soda, tea and other. It is so easy to use now and fun to carry around.

Well that's about all for now, I'm off to bed! Go print some coupons and start saving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment