Sunday, October 23, 2011

A post from Jenn... FINALLY!

When Caren came to me with the idea of us starting a blog to share our couponing tips and savings on shopping trips I was very excited. I LOVE to save money and very rarely pay full for anything and would love to help others learn how to save as well.

In my house saving money is a necessity, I am a stay at home, single mom, on a very limited income (under $900 a month!) In order for me to have the money to pay all my bills and put food on the table I have got to save everything I can. So lets see a couple of the deals I've recently gotten...
This is from my last Target trip. The total before any savings at all would have been $102.47 after in-store sales and clearance pricing the total became $82.85 then after coupons I paid only $28.85!
Here's the breakdown-
*Charmin 16pack mega rolls original price $13.99 - clearance for $9.78 - coupons good for $1.50 off = $8.38
*Airwick automatic air fresheners (x3) - regular price $4.99 - sale price $4.49 - coupons for $4.00 off = 49 cents each
*Listerine mouthwash+bonus travel (x6) - regular price $5.49 - clearance price $3.48 - coupons for $3.00 off = 48 cents each
*Reach toothbrush 3 pack (x3) - $4.99 regular price - clearance price $3.48 - coupons for $3.00 off = 48 cents each
*Kleenex tissues (x3) - $1.79 regular price - sale price $1.29 - coupons for $1.00 off = 29 cents each
*3 pack old spice deodorant - regular price $3.99 - clearance price $2.80 - coupons for $1.00 off = $1.80
*old spice body wash w/travel deodorant (x2) - regular price $3.99 - clearance price $2.80 - coupons for $1.00 off = $1.80
*bounce drier sheets (x3) - regular price ? - clearance price $1.68 - coupons for $1.00 off = 68 cents each
*tide single load soap (x3) - regular price $0.97- coupons for $1.00 off = -3 cents
In my state you have to pay the tax on the full price before coupons so the rest is all in tax
Here is a smaller trip for junk :) This Safeway trip cost me only 67 cents! I don't remember exact prices but here's a rough breakdown...
*Cheetos - store sale buy one get one free + $1.00 off 2 coupons made them about $1 each
*Dr. Pepper 10 (there's actually 5 but gave 2 away before the pic) coupons for free 2 liter so $0.00 each
*Totino party pizza (x8) - reg. price $1.25 - sale 10 for $10 - coupons for $1.00 off 4 = 75 cents each
*Up2U gum - sale price 10 for $10 - coupons for $1.00 off = free
*Milk and TP full price and no coupons
I also used a catalina (a coupon that prints at the register when you buy certain items) from a previous trip that gave me $10 off my next grocery purchase and part of a gift card I had got from a previous trip in which they ended up owing me $5 from my excellent couponing skills :)

So there's 2 of my last 3 shopping trips, no pic for the 3rd but I got 6 covergirl eyeshadow, 4 hand sanitizers and 2 $2 candies for my son, paid 67 cents (for tax) but got a $4 store gift card because I had more coupons then product :) I so love trips like that!

Well that's all for now, off to clip today's coupons from the paper! Hope you're about to do the same :)

1 comment: